Smashwords just added an author interview feature to their platform. Now every author can have a detailed questionnaire on their author profile page at the ebook retailer. You can use their questions or come up with your own. It’s a great way for readers to learn more about you. It’s fun, I just did one here.
Read the entire announcement on the Smashwords blog or the how-to’s below:
Creating an interview is fun and easy. Here’s how to get started:
- Sign in to your account, click to the Account tab, and then you’ll see the link for Create or edit your interview. Study the instructions for tips, and then jump in by clicking Proceed to Your Interview! at the bottom of the page.
- We’ll present you with a series of questions to get your creative juices flowing. Feel free to edit our questions, or create your own. Make your interview unique! Show off your personality and your writing.
- Click Save and Show Next Question to answer the next question
- When you’re done, click Preview and Publish. From this page, you can use the up/down arrow to rearrange the order of the questions. You can also click to edit any question or answer.
- Promote your interview! Share it on social media, and encourage your fans to share it too.
The same picture you use for your author profile will appear on your Smashwords Interview page.
Good idea? Definitely something Amazon hasn’t done yet. What do you think?