Ginger suggested the idea of a writing contest based on the teachings in my book, How to Make, Market and Sell Ebooks – All for FREE. My first response was, “Sounds great but I’ve never hosted a contest before.”
Then I thought about prize money. Actual cash may or may not happen (depends on interest level), but there are major benefits to winning this. In addition to potential cash, what does the winner, and any participant that comes close to winning, get for prizes?
– A free website that includes free hosting.
– A free blog that includes free hosting.
– Your book published as an ebook.
– Cover design for your ebook.
– Interior formatting for your ebook.
– Major retailers selling your ebooks. Can you say Amazon, Barnes&Noble, Apple iBookstore?
– 24 hours a day 7 days a week sales force, completely automated system to sell your ebooks and fill your PayPal account with moola.
– Advertising your success story with Ebooksuccess4free.
What are the contest rules?
– Contestants need to employ the advice from the book, How to Make, Market and Sell Ebooks – All for FREE. They can make, market and sell ebooks by using free strategies and especially those from the book. Methods outside the book are also allowed if they are free of cost.
– Contestants should be 13 years or older to avoid conflicts with child issues and parents. (I think 13 is the legal age to create a Facebook page, so that’s sounds good to me.)
– English is probably a mandatory option for judging the results.
Who are the judges?
– I’d probably make a poll for voters and add my own two cents in some method. Not really sure yet.
I’m rambling here with first thoughts. Please comment or contact me if interested.
Click here for the home page of How to Make, Market and Sell Ebooks All for Free.
Subscribe to this blog for updates on what Indie authors can do to sell ebooks.